Get the Guide to Claiming the R&D Tax Credit
You may have heard that the R&D tax credit is a particularly valuable one, which can get you up to $250,000 back in payroll taxes (and if you pay income taxes, that number is even higher). You may have also heard that applying for that credit is complex, time-consuming, and potentially risky for audits.
Both of these things are true. The R&D credit is valuable, especially in a challenging economic environment where every bit of runway counts. It also takes considerable effort to apply for, and can be daunting for young businesses. That’s why we put together a guide.
The Comprehensive Guide to the R&D Tax Credit covers everything you need to know to get started:
- What it is. Why Congress enacted the credit, who it’s intended for, and how it helps them.
- How it works. What kind of activities qualify for the credit, with detailed examples of real-world scenarios.
- How to claim it. What you need to do, including which forms you need and why.
- Pitfalls to avoid. Common mistakes that companies make when applying for the R&D credit, and how to ensure you don’t make them too.
- Preparing for an audit. What the IRS will look for, and how to ensure you’re ready for any questions they might have.